Monday, May 17, 2010

A little Crazy Today

I feel the urge to write today but I have very scattered thoughts. I am find myself bouncing from one job to the next with a sort of purpose but easily derailed. My train of thought is also on crisscrossing tracks and I sometimes pause to chuckle at my own oddness. Oddly, (or not so much given what I do with my time) I have photos to accompany my thoughts.

My big plan for the day was to mop. My floors were messy messy messy and it was long overdue. My neighbor/friend stopped by and said, "don't you have two more months to get that done?" Ha ha. I get it. But no, it must be done today. So eventually, much later than intended, I mopped the downstairs. The upstairs is sadly still waiting for a turn. Maybe later today, or tomorrow, or the next day... The photo is relevant because after I mopped I could lay down the new throw rugs and they were met with approval from the cat!




I also have had the need/urge/need to lumen print. I specifically have been craving to pluck a certain type of lilly I have watched bloom all over the air base. I just couldn't muster the courage to go pick them though from government property. So on the way home from school I stopped at Lowes and thankfully they were on sale and I was able to buy them. So now I can pick them guilt free and plant them to have more blooms grow for my enjoyment and possibly more lumens. I couldn't resist picking up a few other specimens in the garden center. Not only are they beautiful they just made me happy!



My creative bug was peaked as I puttered around outside and felt my blood sugar drop. Once I ate my lunch and felt better it was back outside to capture the image that held my faltering mind. I love the cans waiting in line, ever ready to be used. I also digressed to the fact that they are the colors of a stoplight and in the right order.  This was not a staged photograph, it was just there.







Lastly, this is were I get really funny, my gardenias are blooming! I know how exciting is that?!? Well, for me it was a warm happy feeling to see the little white, intoxicating wonderful smelling blossoms. I found my brain coming up with an academy award winning speech of sorts, "...oh my gosh! oh my gosh! Let me thank the rain for all your encouragement, the ground; I couldn't have done it without your support, and of course the sun!..." Yes, this is where you can doubt my sanity.

No comments: